Thursday, January 21, 2010

Starting Fresh

Time for a new semester to begin... and for me to buy over 20 books : / Oh well, if I like them, I'll post on them. I am very much looking forward to reading Henry David Thoreau's "Walden" all the way through for once : ). It's going to be a rather busy semester though. I'm sorry I haven't gotten up the "Shadowland" review yet. I'm halfway through and hope to finish it by the end of next week, if not I suck... Anyway for now I'll leave you with a poem from yours truly and hope that you can all forgive me. Good luck to the rest of you beginning new semesters as well!!

Becoming
Without beauty,
I am nothing
The world will never--
Value my mind.

Rude glances come my way,
From strangers on the street
Those I love--
Ignore my thoughts.

I am nothing,
For today I am not beautiful
What will I do--
When my curse leaves me forever?

-written on February 4th, 2009

I'll try to add some more recent work after getting the "Shadowland" review up finally.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds as if you are relating beauty as to what is on the outside, not on the inside?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I like to sometimes think of outside beauty as a curse... Although it has its ups and downs I suppose. It's a question I ask myself often and just had to write about.

    ReplyDelete