Monday, November 23, 2009

Short poem and Happy Thanksgiving : )

So since I don't have much time to post this week, I figured I would share a poem I had written a while back. Hope you like it : )

Mending What Never Mattered

Broken shards
Still stick from my head.
You're there always.
I have been mended,
But may never be whole.
Did you break me?
Or did I break myself,
Setting off into a long black, desolate hole.
Singing alone in a room--
A song no one understands,
Yet so many feel.
I have found my comfort,
But have you yours?
How strange of me
To care at all...

Let me know what you think in the comments section. Also wanted to let everyone know that soon after Thanksgiving I should be reviewing two new books (or possibly three) including Ellen Hopkin's newest book, "Tricks" Marcus Zuzak's "The Book Thief" and if I finish it in time Amber Kizer's book "Meridian." Also I am open to suggestions for books you would like to see reviewed so leave those in the comments as well.

Have a good Thanksgiving : )

4 comments:

  1. This is very powerful... You definitely have me thinking. And for me, that is one of the marks of good poetry.
    <3

    Love the last two lines best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree...powerful poem and the last two lines are a perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrystal you know how we talked about "bridging the gap" between your conscious and subconscious mind? Well, with poetry, it seems as though similar things are happening. You are bringing deep emotions to the surface through your creativity. Those emotions are what create beautiful poetry like this, so you become grateful for them and appreciate the experience that you had endured. So it is almost as though you are whispering..."infinite love and gratitude" to all those feelings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Peter, I really appreciate your insight and I think you might be right and I must say that I really am grateful for being able to write about stronger topics.

    Michelle- Once again, your input means the world to me and I hope you continue to read the blog and enjioy any writing I post : )

    ReplyDelete